News — adaptogen
Rhodiola rosea improves physical performance
Natural adaptogens improve athletic performance
Herbal adaptogens were found to exert the following effects in athletes:
- Dramatic increase of physical performance, in particular, power endurance strengthening;
- Increase of fatigability threshold;
- Playing important role in liquidation of post-workout acidosis (acid pH shift in the body);
- Contribution to glycogen accumulation in muscles, liver and heart;
- Glucose phosphorylation activation resulting in improved metabolism of sugars, lipids, and proteins;
- Enhanced mental activity;
- Activation of general metabolism.
Adaptogens are excellent immunity boosters
Schisandra – herbal adaptogen for athletes
Schisandra chinensis is a natural remedy recommended for use by athletes due to its toning activity helping to reduce mental and body tiredness.
This herb can increase physical capacity in gym and reduce signs of an overload. Thus, intake of such pharmacologically active remedy as schisandra before training is rather reasonable.
Pharmaceuticals and supplements containing schisandra are perfect antioxidants helping to improve health, increase stamina, activate muscle performance as well as metabolic processes in the body.
Easiest ways to prevent cold and flu
Winter is still going and coming to an end and our immune system is weakened. This means that we become more vulnerable to any respiratory infections, in particular, flu.
But regardless the cold weather, we still want to take a walk outside, meet with friends and just do everything we planned. That is why now it is especially important to take care of your health doing everything possible to prevent infections and then not to spend boring times in bed with high fever. Today, flu is spreading very fast affecting a lot of people of all ages in all states.
Flu as well as other respiratory infections are quite dangerous diseases. So, preventive measures are very important and it would be good to know them.