Herbal adaptogens were found to exert the following effects in athletes:
- Dramatic increase of physical performance, in particular, power endurance strengthening;
- Increase of fatigability threshold;
- Playing important role in liquidation of post-workout acidosis (acid pH shift in the body);
- Contribution to glycogen accumulation in muscles, liver and heart;
- Glucose phosphorylation activation resulting in improved metabolism of sugars, lipids, and proteins;
- Enhanced mental activity;
- Activation of general metabolism.