Taiga Gold with Eleutherococcus is a source of several groups of healthy substances:
- Dry root extract of the wild Eleutherococcus senticosus grown in the deep forests of Sikhote Alin crest. This extract bears numerous active substances and it is standardized to concentration of the most active Eleutheroside B;
- Blended extracts of rose hip fruits, hawthorn and rowan berries and linden flowers gathered in wild forests of the eastern part of Russian Siberia mixed with hibiscus extract;
- Structured de-esterified pectin protecting active organic molecules from degrading influence of digestive enzymes and trapping toxic substances and metabolites in stomach;
- Natural powerful antioxidants: vitamin C and setevioside;
With the use of original processing technology of directed extraction the maximum amounts of all active compounds contained by different parts of the herbs were isolated and then placed into capsules with no alcohol or other solvents.
Root extract of eleutherococcus contains more than 100 active compounds and each of them can affect human body systems. Thus, the mechanism of the effects exerted by eleutherococcus is complex and still not clear. But some valuable experimental results prove that eleutherococcus extract has the following influence on humans:
- Stimulation of immunity resulting in enhanced resistance to infectious agents;
- Neuroprotective activity due to inhibition of inflammation and microglial activity;
- Glucose-lowering effects through accelerated glucose utilization;
- Anti-fatigue effects due to increased dopamine and noradrenalin levels in brain;
- Antioxidant activity reducing NO concentration and inhibiting lipid peroxidation reactions;
- Cognition improvement through promotion of the neurite outgrowth;
- Reduction of the stress symptoms protecting central nervous system and heart;
- Hepatoprotective effects exerted by the water-soluble polysaccharides;
- Eleuthero has once been noted to improve social functioning and some markers of cognitive decline in elderly persons.
Eleutherococcus senticosus is a classic adaptogen described by Russian researcher professor Israel Brekhman in 1966. Since this the taiga herbs became considered as pharmacologically active agents improving various functions of inner organs in human body.
All products of Taiga Gold collection contain special blend of extracts of the well-known healthful herbs with beneficial effects on health and fitness.
- Rose hip fruit dry extract is rich with a variety of antioxidants including carotenoids, flavonoids, polyphenols, leucoanthocyanins and catechins. It has a high vitamin A and vitamin C contents, and it regulates digestive system, and boosts the body immunity components.
- Hawthorn berries are widely regarded in Europe as a safe and effective means for treatment of the early stages of heart disease because they improve heart function, protect against cholesterol plaque formation and regulate blood pressure.
- Rowan berry dry extract is known to boost immune system, strengthen respiratory organs, improve digestion, and suppress bacterial infections due to its pronounced antiseptic activity.
- Linden flower dry extract stimulates immune system, reduces inflammation, lowers blood pressure, and helps to detoxify the whole body. It also exerts calming effects on nervous system and reduces anxiety.
- Hibiscus petal dry extract speeds the general metabolism up and helps in healthy and gradual weight loss and at the same time reduces high blood pressure and high cholesterol level as well as protects liver from adverse toxic factors.
Thus, the complex activity was Taiga Gold with Eleutherococcus is focused on strengthening of the body resistance to harmful ambient factors including:
- excessive exercise stress;
- low and high temperature;
- lack of oxygen (high altitude);
- infections (bacteria and viruses).
Eleutherococcus is a typical adaptogen herb
Eleutherococcus senticosus does not look like ginseng but due to its vital effects it is widely known as "Siberian ginseng". It has been used in North China for more than 2000 years as a folk remedy in the treatment of respiratory infections and heart diseases including rheumatism, and as a tonic to regain vigor, improve general health, boost learning and increase brain's memory-storage capacity, promote healthy appetite, and increase stamina. In the Chinese medicine guides eleutherococcus is called "ci wu ju". It is purposed to strengthen immunity, prevent infections of respiratory tract and increase resistance to the harmful ambient factors. Siberian ginseng was also believed to provide energy and vitality. In Russia, eleuthero was originally used by people living in Siberian taiga to increase working capacity and quality of life and protect themselves from infections.
The first scientific discoveries about beneficial properties of Eleutherococcus were made by Russian researchers that had working in Vladivostok. Russian official medicine does not have records about the use of Eleutherococcus until 1976. Then it was found out that more than three million Russian people regularly take extract of Eleutherococcus only because they heard a lot of rumors about its marvelous influence. It boosted a lot of research studies focused on effects of eleutherococcus and their mechanisms. And a bit later, Eleutherococcus was used by Russian athletes in training before Olympic in 1980. In the late 1970s and early 1980s eleutherococcus was officially included into the space training program.
Eleutherococcus senticosus is a perennial bush with highly developed branching root system reaching up to 5 m in depth. Eleutherococcus grows in the Far Eastern areas of Russia as well as in north-eastern China, and northern Korea. Eleutherococcus that is manufactured and used in Russia is always wild crafted. Thus, such remedy is proved to exert pronounced adaptogen activity.
Why Eleutherococcus is effective?
Active components of eleutherococcus are triterpenoid saponins and lignans generally termed eleutherosides. Because to their structural diversity they exert various effects on human organs and systems. The highest concentration of all eleutherosides is found in roots.
Among 43 saponins of Eleutherococcus senticosus the most studied are ciwujianosides A1, A2, A3, A4, B, C1, C2, C3, C4, D1, D2, D3, E; acanthopanaxosides A, B, C; sessiloside, tauroside, chiisanoside, hederasaponin B, silphiosides G, F; ilexoside XLVIII, hemsgiganoside B, anhuienside C, friedelin, saponin PE.
17 lignans contained by Eleutherococcus include neociwujiaphenol, ciwujiatone, sesamin, eleutherosides B, E, E2; coniferyl aldehyde, syringaresinol, medioresinol.
Daily intake of 100 mg dry Eleutherococcus extract containing the whole variety of eleutherosides is enough for safe and effective influence. One capsule of Taiga Gold with Eleutherococcus contains exactly 100 mg of the dry extract. Precise concentration of main eleutheroside is determined after manufacturing of each batch of Taiga Gold.
What is bioavailability? This term defines the amount of active compound getting into the system bloodstream, affecting target molecules in inner organs, and thus providing desirable effects.
Usually glycosides getting into the stomach are supposed to be destroyed by acid and digestive enzymes. Generally, from 50 to 80% of the whole amount of active compounds are destroyed resulting in 3-5-fold reduction of bioavailabliliy and their beneficial effects.
Taiga Gold collection scientifically formulated for very high bioavailability of Eleutherococcus glycosides and other biologically active compounds.
In Taiga Gold, we use structured de-esterified pectin polymer for protection of the Eleutherococcus glycosides from destructive influence of acid and digestive enzymes. Pectin works as an envelope, it covers the glycosides and carries them like a submarine through dangerous parts of stomach into intestine where they can be absorbed into blood.
Besides, de-esterified pectin is a quite powerful detoxifier. It can bind and remove heavy metal ions, toxins, organic compounds, harmful metabolites and even bacteria. See the chart below to make sense on how effectively pectin can remove such toxicants as heavy metals.
Huang L.Z., Zhao H.F., Huang B.K. et al. Acanthopanax senticosus: review of botany, chemistry and pharmacology. Pharmazie. 2011, Vol. 66. P. 83-97.
Davydov M., Krikorian A.D. Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. & Maxim.) Maxim. (Araliaceae) as an adaptogen: a closer look. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2000 Vol.72(3). P. 345-393.
Yamazaki M., Hirota K., Chiba K., Mohri T. Promotion of Neuronal Differentiation of PC12h Cells by Natural Lignans and Iridoids. Biol. Pharm. Bull. 1994. Vol. 17(12). P. 1604-1608.
Tohda C., Ichimura M., Bai Y., et al. Inhibitory Effects of Eleutherococcus senticosus Extracts on Amyloid beta(25-35)-Induced Neuritic Atrophy and Synaptic Loss. J. Pharmacol. Sci. 2008. Vol. 107(3). P. 329-339.
Wiegant F.A., Surinova S., Ytsma E., et al. Plant adaptogens increase lifespan and stress resistance in C. elegans. Biogerontology. 2009. Vol. 10(1). P. 27-42.
Eschbach L.F., Webster M.J., Boyd J.C., et al. The Effect of Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus Senticosus) on Substrate Utilization and Performance during Prolonged Cycling. Int. J. Sport Nutr. Exerc. Metab. 2000 Vol. 10(4). P. 444-451.